IGNOU PGCGI Admisison, IGNOU PG Certificate in Geoinformatics, ignou pgcgi admission eligibility:
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Post Graduate Certificate in Geo-informatics(PGCGI) in both January and July academic cycles. It is a continuing education programme which has been developed by the School of Sciences(SOS), IGNOU with the aid of many other renowned experts across India taken from ISRO, DRDO, IIT, C-DAC, DST, IITM and many private and government universities. The Study Centres for this discipline are currently located at 5 locations i.e. Delhi, Durg (Chhattisgarh), Guwahati (Assam), Pune (Maharashtra) and Srinagar (J&K).
The main aim behind the introduction of PGCGI discipline in the university curriculum is to impart the fundamental knowledge of geoinformatics technologies to the learners. It has been developed in such a way that it makes easier for the learner to understand the basic concepts and skill required to put the geoinformatics for practical use. After completing this Post Graduate Certificate programme, the students will be able to develop the basic skills and willingness among themselves so that they can go for higher studies in it. It is an emerging field and the demand for the professionals in this field has been increasing everyday due to its application potential in several fields such as rural and urban planning, environmental monitoring, natural resources management, management of natural hazards and disasters, etc.
To know more about the PGCGI discipline, please visit the official website at: www.ignou.ac.in
The details about the Post Graduate Certificate in Geo-informatics (PGCGI) programme has been mentioned below :
- Medium of Instruction : English
- Admission Eligibility : The candidates seeking admission to this certificate programme should be Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university
- Programme Fees : The students need to pay a one time fee charges of Rs.5,000/- for complete programme.
- Duration of Programme: The students has the minimum duration of 6 months and maximum duration to 2 years to complete this certificate programme. If not completed on time, the students has to take re-admission and submit the fees again.
IGNOU PGCGI Courses & Syllabus:
The learner has to complete 16 credits to obtain the certificate which includes three theory courses and one practical course. The detail about the Course Code and Course Names are mentioned below :
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MGY-001||Introduction to Geoinformatics||4|
|MGY-002||Remote Sensing and Image Interpretation||4|
|MGY-003||Global Navigation Satellite System and Geographic Information System||4|
- Name: Dr. Benidhar Deshmukh
- Email Id: [email protected]
- Ph.No.: 011-29571677
In Case of any query related to this programme, Please contact at 011-29571677/76/75/79 or you can also send email at: [email protected]