IGNOU MSC CFT Admission: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) offers admission to Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT) in only July academic cycle. The discipline has been developed by the School of Continuing Education (SOCE), IGNOU.
The main objective of the university to offer education in Master’s Degree in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT) to the students from all over the country and abroad is to provide them knowledge and understanding in the field of Counselling and Family Therapy.
Its main aim is to develop professionals in this field who can serve in both social and employment perspectives. However, the demand for counselling and family therapy professionals has been consistently increasing and there is already the dearth of professional support and experts who could provide help in promoting positive family processes and help individual family members in distress in a comprehensive way.
In this Master’s Degree Programme, half of the courses has been designed with an approach as application-oriented learning opportunities for the learner. The second year courses provide an option for the students to be trained in Marital and Family Therapy and Counselling, Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy or Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy.
The second year courses provide an option for the students to be trained in Marital and Family therapy and Counselling, Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy or Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy.
The more details about the Master of Science in counselling and family therapy (MSCCFT) are mentioned below:
- Medium of Instruction: English
- Eligibility Criteria: The learner should be having Bachelor’s degree with specialization in subjects like Human Development and Family Studies, Child Development, Human Development and Childhood Studies, Child Development and Family Relationships, Home Science, Psychology, Social Work, Medicine or other allied disciplines. “Allied disciplines” include Anthropology, Sociology, Education, Philosophy, MBBS or equivalent qualification in Ayurveda, Unani, Sidha or Homeopathy Medicines, Nursing etc. from a recognized University.
OR He/ She should be having Bachelor’s degree with a higher degree in any of the subjects mentioned above or Bachelor’s Degree along with a Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling from a recognized University.
- Fee Structure: The students need to pay Rs. 28,000/- for the complete programme which has to be paid year wise @Rs. 14,000/- per year.
- Duration: The university provides a minimum time duration of 2 years and maximum duration of 5 years to complete this master degree programme. If not completed on time, the students have to take re-admission and submit the fees again.
Programme Coordinator Contact Details:
- Name: Prof. Neerja Chadha, Dr. Amiteshwar Ratra
- Email-Id: [email protected], [email protected]
- Phone no: 011-29572946, 29536343
Courses & Syllabus: It consists of compulsory and optional courses. The learner needs to complete 64 credits to obtain the master degree.
On successful completion of first-year courses, the students will be awarded P.G. Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy (PGDCFT) and they may exit the programme at this point if desired.
The detail about the Course Code and Course Names are mentioned below:
|Course Code||Title of the Course||Credits|
|MCFT 1||Human Development and Family Relationships||4|
|MCFTL 1||Human Development and Family Relationships – Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 2||Mental Health and Disorders||4|
|MCFTL 2||Mental Health and Disorders-Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 3||Counselling and Family Therapy: Basic Concepts & Theoretical Perspectives||4|
|MCFTL 3||Counselling and Family Therapy: Basic Concepts & Theoretical Perspectives -Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 4||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applied Aspects||4|
|MCFTL 4||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applied Aspects – Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 5||Counselling and Family Therapy: Research Methods and Statistics||4|
|MCFTL 5||Counselling and Family Therapy: Research Methods and Statistics – Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFTL 8||Reflective Journa||2|
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCFT 6||Applied Social Psychology||6|
|MCFTL 6||Applied Social Psychology-Supervised Practicum||2|
|MCFT 7||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applications and Interventions||4|
|MCFTL 7||Counselling and Family Therapy: Applications and Interventions -Supervised Practicum||2|
Optional Course (Choose any one)
|Course Code||Course Name||Credits|
|MCFTE 1||Marital and Family Therapy & Counselling||2|
|MCFTE 4||Marital and Family Therapy & Counselling – Supervised PracticumOR||4|
|MCFTE 2||Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy||2|
|MCFTE 5||Child and Adolescent Counselling and Family Therapy – Supervised PracticumOR||4|
|MCFTE 3||Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy||2|
|MCFTE 6||Substance Abuse Counselling and Family Therapy – Supervised Practicum||4|
- IGNOU MSCCFT Online Admission
- IGNOU MSCCFT Date Sheet
- IGNOU MSCCFT Hall Ticket/ Admit Card
- IGNOU MSCCFT Grade Card
- IGNOU MSCCFT Term End Exam Result
- IGNOU MSCCFT Admission Status
- IGNOU MSCCFT Term End Exam Form
- IGNOU MSCCFT Previous Year Question Papers